The Liebster Award!
I just found out that I was nominated for the Liebster Award! I am very new to blogging so this was something I hadn't heard of yet! The award is given to new bloggers with 200 followers or less and I think that's great! I was nominated by Mrs. Sommer at What's working this year in Kindergarten; thank you so much! Her blog is wonderful and she has some great ideas, including elf on the shelf for her classroom!
Ok, here is how this works:
And the rules are:
1. Post 11 random things about yourself
2. Answer the questions the nominator set for you
3. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
4. Choose 11 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers to nominate and link them to your post.
5. Leave a comment on this post if you were nominated so I can learn more about you and see who you nominate
Our 11 randoms:
1. Liz has lived in south Florida for 21 years.
2. Liz just celebrated her 22nd wedding anniversary!
3. Liz has a senior in college, a senior in high school, and a 7th grader.
4. Liz coaches volleyball!
5. Running a marathon is on Liz's bucket list!
6. Liz loves camping, especially with my husband who cooks an amazing steak over a campfire!
7. Liz and Kim ran the disney half-marathon for team in training! Liz's daughter who is a leukemia survivor was our hero we ran in honor of, we also ran in honor of an art teacher we worked with who lost her battle and now lives with Jesus!
8. Blogging with a friend is better than blogging alone! Anything is better with the hand of a friend.
9. Both our lives resemble the book Sidney and Norman! Our husbands are
10. Liz and Kim love the author Francine Rivers and our favorite show of all time is heroes!
11. Liz loves the moon especially when it lights up the whole sky.
Now, for my nominations:
1 Carrberry Creations
2. Glue sticks & Crayons
3. Ms. Jones' Junction
4.Fun in PreK-1
5. Coyne's Crazy fun Preschool
6. PreK and K Sharing
7. ...and they all fall down...
8. Mrs. Jones's Kindergarten
9. There's a Party in the Art Room
10. The Tennesee Teacher
11.Teaming up to Teach
Make sure you check out these great blogs! They all have a lot to offer fellow educators :)
For my nominees -- My questions:
1. What is your current favorite article of clothing? Liz says, "Should I say my fat pants?" Way too much turkey here!
2. What is your dream car (obviously, money is not an object)? Liz-A convertible Mini Cooper
3. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? Liz says, Expresso Chip Ice Cream
4. What is your most memorable teaching moment? Liz-When I see a light bulb go on and they get it. I also teach the heavenly bus in bible and I love to see kids want to ask Jesus in their heart!
5. What is your favorite lesson or topic to teach?Liz- Bible and Reading
6. Do you prefer to read books or magazines? Liz-Books
7. What made you want to get into blogging? Liz-I was a blogging wanna be for a long time and it was fun getting help with fresh ideas.
8. What was your most favorite vacation that you ever took? Liz-Camping with my husband and Cruising with my whole family.
9. What is your favorite pizza topping? Liz- Pepperoni and Pineapple
10. Why did you decide to become an educator? Liz- Because I majored in Psych in college and loved it but was a stay at home mom, when my girls went to school I helped there and I fell in love! I used to teach school to my stuffed animals in 4th grade.
11. What is your favorite holiday?Liz- Christmas! Yay it's here!!
Here's our Questions:
1. If you lived on a deserted island and could only take one thing with you, what would it be?
2. How long have you been blogging?
3. What is your passion in teaching?
4. What is something you are very proud of?
5. What is something that people probably don't know about you?
6. Where do you dream of going?
7. Which state is your favorite?
8. What sports do you like?
9. What did you do before you taught?
10. This is from Kim....Are you a Seminole or a Gator? Your answer is important! Hee-Hee
11. How do you linky? and do you like it?
To my nominee's copy and paste my instructions and questions into your blog and then nominate another 11 bloggers out there! Make sure you come and leave a comment here so I can go and read your responses! Happy blogging!
Hang on...Kim's answers are coming soon! She is out getting her christmas tree!!!
We just got nominated for the Liebster Award by Pink Polka Dots & Pre-K
1. When did you start blogging? Well if you count blog stalking then for 3 years, but blogging on my own, 1 month
2. How many kiddo's are in your class? 18
3. What is your favorite theme to teach? Boy that is hard, after every event I say, "that was my favorite day"....Dinosaur Days and Tie and Tiara are up at the top!
4. What is your favorite teaching blog to get inspiration from? Pre-k Pages
5. Favorite color? Pink and Purple
6. Favorite holiday? Christmas
7. Do you look forward to summer vacation? In May I do...right now I don't....
8. If you could own any animal, what would it be? a Horse
9. If you had to choose another grade to teach, what would it be? Second
10. What is your favorite children's author & book? Eric Carle...all of them
11. What is your favorite Disney character & movie? Beauty and the Beast is my favorite movie because me and my daughter watched this movie when she was 3 about a million times and Buzz Lightyear is my favorite character because when my son was 4 he really believed he was helping Buzz save the universe when we went to Disney World....